Ama Dablam Climbing Expedition
Ama Dablam climbing Expedition is one of the beautiful mountain expeditions. This mountain lies at an altitude of 6,812 m. Ama Dablam is also Knowns as the “Matterhorn of the Himalayas”. This overwhelming ice-coated granite pyramid dominates the sky above the trekker’s trail. This climbing expedition likes in the trail to Everest Base Camp. Mt. Ama Dablam is also known as the Mother’s necklace as its long ridges on each side shows the affection of Mother.
Ama Dablam was first climbed on 13 March 1960 by Mike Gill (NZ), Barry Bishop (USA), Mike Ward (UK) and Wally Romanes (NZ). They completed this trail via the Southwest Ridge. Climbers set up three camps along the ridge with camp 3 hanging below and to the right of the hanging glacier.
Mount Ama Dablam Climbing Expedition is 30 days climbing expeditions. Beginning from Kathmandu we take a flight to Lukla following Everest Trail. We take standard ascent of Ama Dablam via the South-Western ridge followed by Ward (UK), Bishop (USA) and Gill (NZ). This route offers a varied and sustained climb with a reasonable level of difficulty. Camp 1 is Moderate then its get little challenging up along the narrow granite ridge till camp 2. While reaching camp 3 its start to get more technical. Skirting around the hanging glacier or the Dablam we cross snow arête(a sharp ridge). Finally, we cross bergschrund (a gap or crevasse at the edge) between ice cliffs and scale the summit. After scaling the summit, we return back to base camp.
Ama Dablam Climbing Expedition provides you to experience climbing to next level. Ultimate Base Camp trek for Ama Dablam Climbing is for adventure lovers. The scenery of the base camp itself will be a fascinating holidays memory waiting for you.
-One of the most demanding climbing destination
-Climbing Ama Dablam at the altitude of 6812 M above sea Level
– Follow the World famous trail to Mt. Everest before ascending to Ama Dablam
-Three High Camp before reaching the top of Ama Dablam
-Opportunity to experience tea house and camping accommodation
-Panoramic views of magnificent Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu and many more Himalayan peaks
Note: The above information is just a guide and standard pattern of what we provide. The trip itinerary can be adjust as your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
TREK COST: Based on Per Person Twin sharing room accommodation
Single Supplement: USD 500 Per Person
Extra: Round trip of Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu USD
Available on request at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Airports pick up and drop by private vehicle in Kathmandu transfers
- All land Transport Including Cities to Cities, from hotel to starting and ending point of trek
- 3 star hotel accommodation in cities on B/B basis
- World Heritage sites for Sightseeing Tours during your stay in cities
- Lodges/ tea house accommodation in double occupancy or family bed room during the entire trek and climb
- Experienced English speaking guide for sight-seeing tour by private tourist vehicle
- Services of a trained and Professional license holder English speaking trekking guide (leader)
- Guide with experience of First Aid treatment, AMS safety training certified
- Required number porters to carry your luggage (one porter for every 2 guests) during the trek
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the entire trek and climb
- Tea and coffee (1 cup) three times daily on trek or climb
- Proper warm clothing, shoes, sunglass for guide and porter
- Expenses for all Staff including their salary, insurance, domestic airfare, transportation, food and accommodation
- Warm Clothes and Shoes for porters during the trek
- All necessary permits; trekking conservation/ National Park/ TIMS Card/ Special permits fee as per the itinerary
- Guide airfare if the clients are flying to the destination
- Medical First Aid Kit (carried by your guide)
- Coordination of quick Rescue service in case required (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
- Entrance fee in all monuments during tour
- All land Transport Charge for Clients, guide, Porter by tourist bus or locally available
- Daily wages with food allowances and accommodation for all trekking staff
- All government taxes, 24.3% VAT & service charges.
For Camping and climbing accommodation as per the booking
- 2 mean tents for clients accommodation including mattress
- Support of Dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, table, chairs as per the requirement.
- Extra porter to carry the camping equipment
- Necessary kitchen utensils
- Climbing permits fees
- Insurance of Climbing guide and other climbing staff
- Camping sites cost as per the rules of government
- International and Domestic Airfare not listed in the Itinerary
- Nepal entry visa fee which can be issued on your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport
- Lunch and dinner whilst in cities
- Emergency Rescue, Evacuation cost or any types of travel, Personal interest items insurance fee
- Airfare for any sector as per the destination (Quoted separately)
- Any item of personal nature such as beverages, hot cold drinks, laundry, telephone call, battery charges, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Personal climbing equipment
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Food accommodation cost due to Unforeseen act landslide, sick, flight delayed, bad weather,etc
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 15 kg of luggage, a cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Tips for trekking, tour staff and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Cost Includes’ section.
No. of people
Starting (per person)