Makalu High Passes Trek
Makalu High passes trek is one of the most popular trekking destinations in Nepal. This trek takes you to the protected areas of Makalu Barun National Park. Makalu 8463 M is also known as the fifth-highest mountain in the world. It offers an exceptional opportunity to explore the high-altitude terrains, snow-clad landscapes. It also lets you experience ethnic Himalaya’s lifestyle on the trail of Makalu Base camp. This region is one of the restricted regions as per the government of Nepal and China. This region requires special permits for one to travel.
Makalu High Passes trek spans five major ecological zones. Lush off tropical Arun Valley, dense forest of rhododendrons and fir alpine meadows. This leads your way to the mighty Barun Glacier. This trail rises from 850 m to 5000m in your time span of trekking in the Makula Region of Nepal.
This Makalu Base camp trek is the ideal choice for the avid trekkers. This trek is for nature enthusiasts who seek solace tranquility in natural habitat. This can be the best option to avoid crowds. This Makalu high passes trek starts with a flight to Tumlingtar and heads to the Arun valley. On this trek, you will visit the most remote and unfrequented areas of Nepal. All this region has its own wildlife vegetation and endangered wild animals.
If you wish to trek on Makalu High passes then be sure to get your friend going. You can only visit this region with a group size of 2 or more to get a special permit. With Parikrama treks, you can complete this remote and special trek on 22 days. If you like to spend more time on this trail you can get on this trail for 26 days or more.
Note: The above information is just a guide and standard pattern of what we provide. The trip itinerary can be adjust as your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
TREK COST: Based on Per Person Twin sharing room accommodation
Single Supplement: USD 500 Per Person
Extra: Round trip of Kathmandu – Tumlingtar – Kathmandu USD
Available on request at email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Airports pick up and drop by private vehicle in Kathmandu transfers
- All land Transport Including Cities to Cities, from hotel to starting and ending point of trek
- 3 star hotel accommodation in cities on B/B basis
- World Heritage sites for Sightseeing Tours during your stay in cities
- Lodges/ tea house accommodation in double occupancy or family bed room during the entire trek and climb
- Experienced English speaking guide for sight-seeing tour by private tourist vehicle
- Services of a trained and Professional license holder English speaking trekking guide (leader)
- Guide with experience of First Aid treatment, AMS safety training certified
- Required number porters to carry your luggage (one porter for every 2 guests) during the trek
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the entire trek and climb
- Tea and coffee (1 cup) three times daily on trek or climb
- Proper warm clothing, shoes, sunglass for guide and porter
- Expenses for all Staff including their salary, insurance, domestic airfare, transportation, food and accommodation
- Warm Clothes and Shoes for porters during the trek
- All necessary permits; trekking conservation/ National Park/ TIMS Card/ Special permits fee as per the itinerary
- Guide airfare if the clients are flying to the destination
- Medical First Aid Kit (carried by your guide)
- Coordination of quick Rescue service in case required (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
- Entrance fee in all monuments during tour
- All land Transport Charge for Clients, guide, Porter by tourist bus or locally available
- Daily wages with food allowances and accommodation for all trekking staff
- All government taxes, 24.3% VAT & service charges.
For Camping and climbing accommodation as per the booking
- 2 mean tents for clients accommodation including mattress
- Support of Dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, table, chairs as per the requirement.
- Extra porter to carry the camping equipment
- Necessary kitchen utensils
- Climbing permits fees
- Insurance of Climbing guide and other climbing staff
- Camping sites cost as per the rules of government
- International and Domestic Airfare not listed in the Itinerary
- Nepal entry visa fee which can be issued on your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport
- Lunch and dinner whilst in cities
- Emergency Rescue, Evacuation cost or any types of travel, Personal interest items insurance fee
- Airfare for any sector as per the destination (Quoted separately)
- Any item of personal nature such as beverages, hot cold drinks, laundry, telephone call, battery charges, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Personal climbing equipment
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Food accommodation cost due to Unforeseen act landslide, sick, flight delayed, bad weather,etc
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 15 kg of luggage, a cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Tips for trekking, tour staff and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Cost Includes’ section.
No. of people
Starting (per person)