Lower Dolpo Trek
Since its introduction in 1998, Lower Dolpo Trek has been one of Nepal’s best trekking regions. This trek offers an outstanding trekking experience in the hidden treasure of Nepal. This includes remote lodge treks of western Nepal including Shey Phoksundo Lake. Lower Dolpo trek including Shey Phoksundo Lake trek. Lower Dolpo trekking is also one of the more challenging treks. ON this trek we cross two high passes- Numa La and Baga La. This passes reflect on life amidst the tranquil waters of Phoksundo Lake. Dolpo is also the place where the movie ‘Himalaya’ shooting takes place by Eric Valli.
During the Lower Dolpo Trek first, we reach to Juphal, via Nepalgunj from Kathmandu. While on the trek Dhaulagiri lies in the west. Trekking north we enter Phoksundo National Park. After a rest continuous on Matthiessen’s original trial, crossing Khang La 17320ft/5279m. Finally, we reach the very remote monastery of Shey Gompa. This special trek in one of Nepal’s restricted areas has so much to offer. To enter this region we have to pay the same levels of permit fees as for Mustang. Yet, it is ideal for the keen walker who would like a wild experience away from the main trekking routes.
Furthermore, Lower Dolpo treks are among the few where pre-Buddhist Bon Po religion done. While on the trek, we get to muse at the yak caravans that maintain the traditional salt trade with Tibet. While on this trek with Parikrama Trek we take our 19 days out. We leave our work and try to enjoy admiring the beautiful rain shadow landscape of the Himalayas. Reflected on the colorful barren slopes of the mountains this region is one of the unique places.
Note: The above information is just a guide and standard pattern of what we provide. The trip itinerary can be adjust as your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
TREK COST: Based on Per Person Twin sharing room accommodation
Single Supplement: USD 500 Per Person
Extra: Round trip of Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Jhupal – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu USD
Available on request at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Airports pick up and drop by private vehicle in Kathmandu transfers
- All land Transport Including Cities to Cities, from hotel to starting and ending point of trek
- 3 star hotel accommodation in cities on B/B basis
- World Heritage sites for Sightseeing Tours during your stay in cities
- Lodges/ tea house accommodation in double occupancy or family bed room during the entire trek and climb
- Experienced English speaking guide for sight-seeing tour by private tourist vehicle
- Services of a trained and Professional license holder English speaking trekking guide (leader)
- Guide with experience of First Aid treatment, AMS safety training certified
- Required number porters to carry your luggage (one porter for every 2 guests) during the trek
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the entire trek and climb
- Tea and coffee (1 cup) three times daily on trek or climb
- Proper warm clothing, shoes, sunglass for guide and porter
- Expenses for all Staff including their salary, insurance, domestic airfare, transportation, food and accommodation
- Warm Clothes and Shoes for porters during the trek
- All necessary permits; trekking conservation/ National Park/ TIMS Card/ Special permits fee as per the itinerary
- Guide airfare if the clients are flying to the destination
- Medical First Aid Kit (carried by your guide)
- Coordination of quick Rescue service in case required (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
- Entrance fee in all monuments during tour
- All land Transport Charge for Clients, guide, Porter by tourist bus or locally available
- Daily wages with food allowances and accommodation for all trekking staff
- All government taxes, 24.3% VAT & service charges.
For Camping and climbing accommodation as per the booking
- 2 mean tents for clients accommodation including mattress
- Support of Dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, table, chairs as per the requirement.
- Extra porter to carry the camping equipment
- Necessary kitchen utensils
- Climbing permits fees
- Insurance of Climbing guide and other climbing staff
- Camping sites cost as per the rules of government
- International and Domestic Airfare not listed in the Itinerary
- Nepal entry visa fee which can be issued on your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport
- Lunch and dinner whilst in cities
- Emergency Rescue, Evacuation cost or any types of travel, Personal interest items insurance fee
- Airfare for any sector as per the destination (Quoted separately)
- Any item of personal nature such as beverages, hot cold drinks, laundry, telephone call, battery charges, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Personal climbing equipment
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Food accommodation cost due to Unforeseen act landslide, sick, flight delayed, bad weather,etc
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 15 kg of luggage, a cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Tips for trekking, tour staff and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Cost Includes’ section.
No. of people
Starting (per person)